Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"Long and Lean..."

...was one of the doctors' description to me of Abby at her 9 month check up. "Just like the rest of the family," he commented. I was recalling at that moment when I had taken Jonathan in for his 9, 12 and 18 month check-ups and the same doctor was worried about how thin he was (he too was and still is long and lean). And, I just reiterated to the kind doctor that the fact is that on both sides of the family our nieces and nephews are the same way.

I got (and still get) the same comments about Catherine in her check-ups... Now, Abby isn't so thin as she is on the charts, unlike her counterparts. YEAH!! She is 17 pounds (in the 25th percentile) and measures 29 inches in length, putting her in the 90th percentile. Not too bad, I don't think.She is still a very happy girl! She is crawling all over the place and pulling herself up. This past week she started standing on her own; Jonathan and Catherine have been encouraging her greatly to start walking.She's eating like a champ- she loves feeding herself cheese and any other little toddler pick-up foods I can find.


Abby is also fairly vocal- shocker, I know... if you know anything about our family. :-) Her words include: all done, more, mom and milk. I guess with all of the other talkers around here she needs to get her two cents in too if she wants to be heard.



She is still so sweet and super happy. I just shake my head in dis-belief, though, that she has been in this world for 9 months... time sure does fly (especially when you are having fun)!

1 comment:

Julie K said...

Kind of funny...my kids got the long gene, but skipped out on the lean gene!! She is a doll! Glad you got a happy one, enjoy