Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The First Snow

I know my last post was about the kids playing amoungst the leaves in the beautiful fall weather ... but just a few short days later Colorado received its First Snow! The kids were extactic. They couldn't put their snow gear on more quickly. They spent the afternoon playing together, throwing snowballs, making snowmen, trying to build a fort and making snow angels. I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised that they spent over an hour outside! After all, it does take about 20 minutes getting them ready for it.


Here's Catherine all bundled up for "winter" fun:
Jonathan ran outside to start building his snow fort


Abby was adorable- as always. She stood at the door "yelling" at them the entire time. I think she wanted to go outside too... but that will come in time. :-)




Now, all of our leaves are on the ground- we are just waiting for them to dry off a bit so that we can rake them up and jump in the HUGE piles they will make!

No comments: