Monday, November 15, 2010

Baking season!

The "Baking Bug" has bit me big time these past two months! I received a wonderful baking cookbook for my birthday and I am on a mission to bake as many of them as I can! The kids have been having a blast helping me on my "mission." Unfortunately, I always think of taking pictures of the progress on the actual mixing, baking and after shots (before it all gets consumed)... but I always fail at doing so. I do have these pictures of the kids helping, though. I thought that they were really cute!!
I was making banana bread, so Jonathan was adding the flour and Catherine was mashing the bananas:This time was making a brioche bread, which is basically butter, flour, butter, yeast and more butter (hence the reason why there arn't any ingredients on the counter). It needed to knead for about 15 minutes... the kids had a GRAND time dropping the tablespoons of butter one at a time and watching it mix for so long:

1 comment:

Kari said...

They are so CUTE in their aprons!!!!