Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm Here #2!

Okay, I told you last time that I had lots of wonderful pictures to share regarding our fantastic summer excursions... but just have not done it. But, I think that my "excuse" this time is a good one. Chris and I were able to spend 9 days in Fatima, Portugal from August 2-10 together on a pilgrimage! So, getting ready to leave the country for that extended period of time and coming back and adjusting to "normal" life has taken some time. But, here I am again! YEAH!

We went to Portugal with a group of about 50 others- from both FOCUS and the Matthew Kelly Foundation. It was grand! We met some wonderful people and got to know some of Chris's co-workers even better. Chris and I also got to experience another culture and being challenged to grow spiritually. It was an opportunity of a lifetime. We are truly thankful and blessed that we were able to go!
A TREMENDOUS thank you goes out to Mary, Chris's mom, and my parents for watching the kiddos while we were gone!! The kiddos had a grand time with their grandparents.
For those who are unfamiliar with Fatima, Portugal, it is believed that Mary, the Mother of God, appeared to three little shepherd children in 1917. She had some profound and challenging messages to pass along to the world through them. So, most of our trip consisted of visiting some of the sites of the apparitions, visiting the little shepherds home and listening to talks from Matthew Kelly and Curtis Martin on our Catholic faith. Not only did we spend time praying, but also eating wonderful food, meeting some fun people and seeing a couple of other cities in Portugal:
Behind Chris, is the first Cathedral that they built after the apparitions stopped.
The cathedral at duskThe chapel that was built at the site of the last apparition in 1917The newer cathedral that was built across the square from the first, at dusk, this one seats 9,000 people!Chris and I overlooking the town of FatimaChris and I in LisbonOn the last day of our trip, the group went to the beach- Nazare, Portugal- for some fun and relaxation. It turned out to be a beautiful day!

Here are some of the wonderful people we met and spent time with

No comments: