Thursday, October 27, 2011

Zoo!

Gosh, it's been awhile since I've posted anything... not sure I have a good excuse for that. :-)


Fall has been absolutely beautiful here (except that it snowed yesterday- more on that at a later post). So, one fine afternoon we decided to take the kiddos to the zoo. It had been awhile since I'd gone and even longer since Chris had. It was great to go as a family! All of the animals seemed to be out and active- which made the trip even more exciting!


(In the recent past, Chris has taken notice that there aren't too many pictures with me in them- so he really worked hard at taking some with me in them.)


One of our first stops was to see the Stilt Leg Foxes... but to no avail, they were no where to be seen. But, we had fun searching. Abby enjoyed just hanging out in the Ergo pack for the trip.


The leopard was out and pacing around quite a bit. We hadn't seen him before. We all had fun watching him for quite some time.


The giraffes were inside. It was great seeing them all up close and personal!


The sea lions were also actively swimming:

I found out this trip, that Chris's favorite animal at the zoo is the sea lion


We also took a peek at the snakes:

Although, we didn't get a pic of the anaconda he was pretty impressive. I had never seen one before... he was 35 feet long!

The sea turtle is always fun, but I do feel bad for him as he is in such a small, confined space.



Our last stop, right before it started down pouring was at the polar bear exhibit, though I think he was sleeping if I remember correctly:


The kids are watching me right now post all these pictures and they are asking when we can go back to the zoo... we really did have a great time!

No comments: