My sister-in-law shared with me the other day she had found a great new dessert... Banana "ice cream." Last night I decided to give it a try, and I think that you might want to try it too as it's a nice (healthy) substitution for ice cream, that's also yummy!
First, freeze some bananas that are getting a bit too ripe. Once frozen throw them in a blender or food processor with some chocolate sauce (a tablespoon or two) and maybe some peanut butter. Blend the goodies until smooth, the consistency of soft-serve ice cream. (note: I did add a splash of milk to aid in the blending) Surprisingly it was delicious! It was creamy just like soft serve- but hardly any calories or fat.
Now, you might say that you're not a big fan of bananas... well neither is my sister-in-law and she enjoyed it too! Come on, you know you have over-ripe bananas sitting on your counter right now. Give it a whirl!
No comments:
Post a Comment