Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Birth Blessing

My sister-in-law this past weekend threw me a "Birth Blessing." It was a wonderful afternoon with family, friends and praying for the birth of our daughter. Quinn, my sister-in-law, opened with the reading from Scripture on the Annunciation, and then gave a short meditation on the passage. Thereafter, everyone wrote down prayer requests for our daughter and myself then read them outloud. With every prayer intention a bead was added to a piece of jewerly wire- so now I have prayer beads for my time in labor and delivery to remember the many prayers that were offered for us! Before family and friends departed, they were handed a candle and asked to light it when they got word I was in labor, so as to remember to pray for us as we bring our daughter into the world! It was truly a grace-filled afternoon. I feel completely blessed to have had such a party and the assurance that we are being prayed for.

Thank you, Quinn, for organizing the party!! I am truly appreciative of all the thoughts and prayers.

(I will be unable to post any pictures of the event... due to the fact that I forgot to take any pictures!! BUMMER!)

No comments: